Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Verbal Vomit

Today more then any other day I wish I had legs, mostly so I could have gotten up and walked away from the event that I am about to tell you.

So it's a normal Friday at the University of Central Oklahoma and Ryan and I are having a pretty good day nothing really out of the ordinary. Ryan and I walk into his second class of the day and sits down at his usual spot at the back of the room. Shortly after one of his female classmates walks in while covering her mouth with her hand. Ryan being the curious person that he is proceeds to ask her whats wrong.

The girl then moves her hand and reveals a small scab above her lip. She begins telling her story about how during the previous weekend she went to a concert and while she was walking in she tripped fell on her face and chipped a tooth. She tells Ryan that she didn't even get to go to the concert but instead had to go to the dentist to get a fake tooth put in. Ryan listens to the story, gives his condolences, and moves on to focusing on class.      

Later that class that same girl had to give a presentation. In the middle of her presentation she became shy and nervous and started to forget the speech she had prepared. She then completely lost her train of thought, and couldn't remember a specific word she wanted to use. She started filling the awkward pauses with filler noise like "um" and "uh". The professor trying to be light hearted and encouraging says "come on you got it," in which Ryan adds on "come on it's right on the tip of your tooth."

Ladies and gentlemen I have gone through hell and back with Ryan and I will always be there for him, but the looks Ryan received made me wish that Ryan's head had an ejection seat.

So with a tip of the hat I leave you with this...shut-up and be nice.    


No comments:

Post a Comment