Sunday, December 8, 2013

Hope




            Before I start this cryptic message I want to make clear that I bear no thought of suicide, nor am I depressed. I am instead rather blessed with the life I have. I have a family that is fruitful with love, a friend that is nothing short of a brother to me, and an overall great wellbeing. So the question must arise “then why do you write this”? Simply to ask if you had to give a message to the world what would it be?
Would you be willing to wager your own life to guarantee the moral of this message be heard? But understand that this message could be understood by all... disregarding race, ethnicity, or any other man made boundaries. What would this message say that it would require life so that others may understand?  So I ask myself “what message would I want to be heard”? Is it one of sorrow? One of hope and prosper, or simply a message of inspiration? I ask these questions because I truly don't know myself.
 After twenty years on this earth I have no message. No message important enough to share with the world. I have no forethought into any subject that man may deem useful and cherish. And it is this thought I bear dormant in the depths of my mind. Dormant until an answer can arise, and a message can be written as clear as crystal. Without this message I feel as though I have no purpose… that I’m of no importance to the soul of man.

 Men have fought and died on the dry alienated plains of foreign countries because they believed the message of a man. A man thought to be ordinary with a message that was extraordinary. I write this not so that I may be remembered but so that I may too give contribution to the world. I wish to only be the kindling in the fire of thought, to give a gift to the world in a form of a message.

  At this present time the only message I can muster is that even in the darkness of evil, in the pits of chaos.....hope is still needed. Like the life jacket that keeps us buoyant above the crashing waves of oblivion; hope will give us that deep gasp of air that lets us fight for our lives. To fight for the treasures we keep dear to our hearts. It is this hope that gives us the strength to fight for our loved ones, to stand erect against all odds, and to take our next unsure step into the unknown. It is because of this hope that we can face evil in the darkest of days and still see the slightest beam of light. My message to the world is to never let go of this hope, to never give into the corruption of the world. To instead illuminate the pitch black corners of doubt so that all can see that even in the worst of times........ Hope is still present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment